In this tutorial i will show how i make my rocks and which things you will need in order to try it yourself.
Things you need:
2. modeling mass (air aging)
3. dental technican instrument
5. a small schist rock
8. Static gras
9. GW Colours Scorched Brown & Bleached Bone
10. GW Colours Codex Grey & Fortress Grey (not shown on the picture)
11. MiniNatur gras & flowers (Summer, Spring, Autumn in all sizes, Flowers are "Blumen (violett)" MINA_998-24S)
12. Vallejo Sierra Calcinado pigments
13. Some bushes
Glue the styrofoam in the position you want on the base and use all styrofoam garbage you have from cutting put the styrofoam piece.
Press the modeling mass on the styrofoam and create the rock relief you know from my basemaking tutorial. I mean take the schist rock and press it in the modeling mass. After drying you have to sand the rocks and the base.
Then paint it in your colour choice - i took Codex and Fortress Grey. Also paint the base. Next is the colour base and rock with pigments. I used Vallejo Sierra Calcinado.
Now we make the rocks "alive". Take the woodglue and bring on some grass, flowers and bushes. Voilá we are ready.
I hope this was helpful. If you have any questions or think that something is not detailed enough please feel free to contact me.
Comments, hints and critics are welcome too :)